ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753331 Members
5211 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Proliant 2500R

Matt Capranos_1

Compaq Proliant 2500R

I just received a Compaq Proliant 2500R the other day. When I power up the system. Nothing happens. The LCD indicator screen displays some information about the model number and the firmware version but nothing else.

I'm not sure where the problem lies, I've check the indicator LED's that are visible and none appear to be indicating a problem. I installed a seperate PCI Graphics card and disabled the on board VGA adapter on the chance that's what the problem was.

Does anyone else have a possible solution that might help solve my situation? I would hate to gut it for parts and sell it off, if it's still usuable.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq Proliant 2500R

Matt:

Do you get any POST "beep" codes when the systems powers up?

Have you reseated the RAM, processor(s) and Processor Power Modules (PPM)'s to make sure they are not loose?

Have you check the power cables and I/O signal cables going to the devices? One thing to do is pull the power from the drives and remove any extra PCI cards from the server. These, if electrically faulty, can draw off all the power to the rest of the system.

Check those things and post back what you find... we can go from there? -john
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Matt Capranos_1

I've done all that you've suggested, not to sound cocky, but am no noob to the world of computers.

I've doubled checked the CPU's and their VRM's, all cards are seated properly. The only thing i have not attempted is removing the SCSI card and seeing what happens.

As for system "beeps" there's none when it powers up. From the world of desktop computing, if their was CPU/Memory/Video problem then there would be an indication.

Is there any LED combination with this server to know if any of the CPU's or System boards are damaged?

Thank you.
E Evans
Advisor

This particular server takes serveral seconds, (30 or more) before the screen is activated this is because it doing other checks. Give it a minute or two before taking this next action.

If the screen still doesn't come on opent the server up and flick switch 6 to the opposite direction whilst the server is off. Leave this in theis position for 30 secs, then put it back and switch on.