ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748284 Members
3549 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 G1 1611-Power Supply Fan not present

Christine Huerter2

DL 380 G1 1611-Power Supply Fan not present

Keep getting this error even though the power supply fan is present and working. Any ideas on how to fix this??
6 REPLIES 6
Mister L
Frequent Advisor

is the power supply fan spinning ok. 1611 will report fan not present when the fan in question has failed.

Good luck,

DL
If it doesnt work, hit it with a hammer
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I've seen similar fan issues when the fan has actually failed but continues to spin due to air being forced through the system by other fans.

Have you attempted to replace the power supply?
Christine Huerter2

Thanks for your response(s). The fan is spinning. Funny thing is that the fan appears to have a 4 pin connection (female) and it looks like one of the pins from the system board broke off and is stuck in the 3rd hole. However, when I plug in the fan it works okay. When I unplug it, it does not work. Can you confirm that that fan (spare part #173907-001), does have a 4 pin connection? If the pin is broken, is there anyway to repair it without spending a lot of money? It's a DL380 G1, so depending on cost, it may not be worth the investment to repair it. Thanks.
Mister L
Frequent Advisor

Sounds like the broken pin is to tell the server that the fan is working ok, as it has snapped the server thinks its faulty even though it does work.

If you have a very steady hand you could solder it back into place, if not it could well mean you replacing the systemboard.

Good luck

DL
If it doesnt work, hit it with a hammer
GrandSlam
Occasional Advisor

Most likely to need to replace the Power supply rather Fans
Derek Piazza

I am getting the same error, I got the new fan off ebay, now where do I plug it in to on the system board?

Thank you