3977 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G3 Raid.

SOLVED
Go to solution
why not

DL140 G3 Raid.

Is there a simpler way to install OS with sata raid enabled ? I seem to go round n round the table, without results & ending up with blue screens. its frustrating now.
7 REPLIES 7
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,
Could you tell us more about the issue ?
How are you trying to install the SATA RAID drivers?
When exactly do you get this blue screen ?
R u using a HP USB FDD ?
Have you tried nLITE ?

Regards.
why not

Thanks for the quick reply Happy, I tried installing it using a SONY USB FDD. blue screen at windows start up. I dont have a HP FDD/ & no i have not tried nlite... what is it ?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I dont think SONY USB will work. mnay have reported it to fail at this stage.

I hope you are installing the correct drivers from :
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26742.html

You can get this done in 2 ways...
1) install OS without RAID. & then install the RAID drivers within the OS.
2) use nlite. This 3rd party Software from www.nliteos.com will help you integrate the sata drivers with the OS files. & no need to press F6.

Regards.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Here are the steps involved in the First option I mentioned.

1. Install OS with Embedded SATA RAID Disabled(No Drivers or F6 required) on one Harddrive.
2. Once OS is installed, Extract the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers to a folder.
3. Goto Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->Raid Controller->Have Disk->Browse to the folder where the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers were extracted. Select the .inf file->Install Adaptec Raid Driver.

4. Restart the Server goto BIOS enable the Embedded SATA RAID.
5. Press F8 and goto Sata Raid BIOS->Configure the Drives->Create Array->Raid 0/1
A warning message will appear "Warning: Configuring the drives will erase all Array information from the selected drives, if that drive is part of an array. Arrays using any of these drives as members will be affected! Do you want to continue?(Yes/No):". Press "Y" to continue.

6. If Raid 1 is selected it will ask you what is the Source Disk, select the Right Disk in which OS was installed previously. Warning message might appear again. Select "Y".

7. Rebuild will take sometime, once rebuild is complete restart the server.

Once rebooted Raid would be detected and windows would boot up, in windows it would detect new hardware and Adaptec Raid drivers will be installed. Now Server is built migrated to Raid Successfully.

Regards.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention, This will need following the steps very precisely. as its very complicated. But yea.. it works.

:)
why not

That sounds good to me. However, I am bit too tired perhaps to try all that. nlite interests me. Where can i look at the steps involved in this procedure . ?

Thanks again Happy !
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor