Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL180 G6 problem with Smart Array B110i

Eduardo Pérez
Occasional Visitor

DL180 G6 problem with Smart Array B110i

I have a problem with the internal controller of my DL180G6, this controller is a Smart Array B110i, and the problem is that I can`t install Windows 2003 Server 64 or 32 bits with the B110i controller allowed. I want to make a RAID 1 for the OS and when I try to install the driver (press F6 to charge driver in the OS installation) a blue screen appeared with 07b error.

If I try to install the OS with the Easy setup CD I have a similar problem, when the install utility start to make the partition a red error appeared and it can´t continue the installation.

When I install the OS with the B110i disable, the installation is possible without errors.

I think that HP driver is the problem, but I don´t know what to do.

Somebody have the same problem? or somebody can help me?

Thanks for all.
3 REPLIES
Troy Blewitt
Advisor

Re: DL180 G6 problem with Smart Array B110i

Try disabling the second SATA controller.
EDDY CASTREC
Occasional Visitor

I've the same problem with ML150G6 to install SBS2003R2

I try all possibilities (with second controller disabled also)

No solution today

Have you find the solution?

HP support say me to use only a HP external disk USB to install driver with F6

In waiting,
Thanks
Eduardo Pérez
Occasional Visitor

Hi Eddy.

Hp Support said me the same, but some days ago I could install the OS Windows Server 2003 R2 with this "new" driver (copy and paste in your web explorer)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884339&prodNameId=3884340&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-361c5fcb760249758dfaf88c5b

Good Luck Eddy.