ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753743 Members
4797 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL320 Win Server 2003 install problems

CA1282762

DL320 Win Server 2003 install problems

I am trying to do a fresh install of Server 2003 on out Gen 1 DL320. After inserting the 2003 CD, it start to load, but then cannot find any hard drives. I have tried the drivers to add at time of install from the driver download page, but none of them seem to work. How can I get the OS install to see the HDs?
6 REPLIES 6
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

I believe your server is an ATA model with a non hotplaggable hard drives. Therefore, you need to set the SCSI ID Number for the hard drive using the jumpers located by the hard drive power connector. If you have more than one drive make sure you set a different SCSI ID Numbers for each hard drive

Regards
Amha Kassa
CA1282762

I will try this, however, the server was functioning just fine with Win 2000 Server about a week ago before the Server 2003 install attempt. The only change is a new HD to replace one that died. I did check and the 2 HDs that were mirrored with Win 2000 Server did not have the jumpers set.
CA1282762

I forgot to add...I am not aware of the controller in the server. I am used to seeing a bios on the controllers, so I never thought I would not be able to configure a mirror before loading from the Windows CD.
CA1282762

Thank you amhakassa. Although the reply did not in itself solve the problem, it did uncover a bent pin on the jumper block that looked to be shorting to another. Straightened the pin, and all is well now.

Can you reply again so I can assign you the proper points for your assistance?
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,

I am glad you resolve your issue. Please do not hesitate to come back and ask if u have issues related to your servers

Regards
Amha Kassa
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

it is always good to keep your server to the latest BIOS, Firmware and driver so that server will stay in optimal state all the time

You can download latest BIOS, firmware, driver, and utlities for you Dl320 from this link
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1234.html

Regards
Amha Kassa