Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 does not install drivers for USB-Drives

Mathias Reich
Occasional Visitor

DL320 does not install drivers for USB-Drives

Hello together

We have a DL320 G3 with W2k8. Trying to connect one of 2 USB-Drives from WD is giving the following sympthoms:
- Hardware manager shows new unknown hardware, blinks with app. 2 sec. period. Installation of Drivers ends unsuccesful.
- Drives are starting to run and than switching between low and high intense control-light with app. 2 sec. period. I can also hear a clicking noise with the same period. (internal Read/Write-System?)
- One Drive is supporting USB 1.1 and 2.0, the other is supporting 2.0 only.
- WD power consumption specifications for one Drive is 5V /1A max, 650mA normal. For the other Drive I have not found the specifications.

Question:
- Is it possible that the USB-Port on the DL320 has to low Power for the usb-drives? On other (older and newer) ProLiant Severs the Drives will be connected perfect.
- What can I do to get the Drives connected?

Thanx for all Informations and hints,

Mathias