1752802 Members
5691 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360G5 Power Regulator doesn't works

Dave338
Occasional Advisor

DL360G5 Power Regulator doesn't works

Hi, I was attempting to make some optimization work on holiday time in my business, and I've started with the newest servers, two DL360G5s, one of them with a Xeon 5140 and the other with two Xeon 5150, being the two with Core arquitecture.

I was trying to set them to HP Dynamic power control or OS control, but none of the two works, CPUs keep ALWAYS at full speed and voltage. Only the option of Low power static does something and keeps them at 2ghz and low volts, but keeps them always as that, and i need to have the full power at dispose.

The ROM bios is updated at last version P58.

Is there any way to fix this or is HP working in some update that make this works??? This is very important for me... in fact it should be important for everyone to save most energy possible, and a server like this whith this option unusable make the server a primitive piece of metal, i don't want to have this machines wasting energy for nothing!!!!

PD: I'm spanish, so sure there are some mistakes ,heheh :)

Salu2.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

What operating system are you running?

If it's windows, did you install the servers using the smartstart assisted installation?

If it's not windows, or you didn't do the above, have you install the system management homepage and the PSP?
Dave338
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I have one with Windows2003 server, and other with Windows 2000.

I have selected the "minimal power management" option in the power tab of control panel, that usually works with intel and amd CPUs. In fact I have another server, a DL140G3 which has also a 5140Xeon and in its BIOS you can activate the C1E and Thermal management, it seems a BIOS made from "core" Xeons, but the BIOS of the DL360s is the same as was with older xeons, and when entering the HP power manager, warnings that some CPUs may not be able tu use this function.

salu2.
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

David,

You haven't answered these questions:

If it's windows, did you install the servers using the smartstart assisted installation?

If it's not windows, or you didn't do the above, have you install the system management homepage and the PSP?
Dave338
Occasional Advisor

Sorry xD

Yes, them are installed by Smart Assistant, and have the Management Homepage installed, but i'm not sure about the PSP.. should I install it??

salu2.