ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752565 Members
5001 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 Memory Problem

Mark Cheshire

DL380 G4 Memory Problem

Have 6gb of ram installed Windows Server 2000 SP4 only picks up 3,6gb of Ram..Any soulotions
Regards
Mark
3 REPLIES 3
BR823745
Advisor

I had a simalar problem to this. I tracked it down to broken RAM, had to replace the RAM.
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Mark,

How is your server configured in RBSU (Rom Based Setup Utility)inregard to memory management?

Is it confiugured to implement and "Online Spare memory"? if so the Memory stick in the slot D will be reserved as an online spare so that if a memory in any bank fails it automatically take over the failed bank and brin your memory configuration from degraded to optimal stat. Therefore, the total available memory size shows lesss what ever you have in slot D (which in your case, I am assuming that you have 6 x 1Gb Memory sticks, will be about 4GB meaning less by 2 x 1GB memory sticks in slot D)

However, if the server memory configuration in the RBSU is configured as "Advanced ECC" all the memory should show up and have to consider looking at a memory stick that is not properly detected and read by the system.

To check what kind of memory management configuration you currently have, you can boot to the RBSU (by pressing F9 when prompted on POST) and check what config you have.

Regards
Amha Kassa
Nathan Schultz

Did you add the /PAE switch in your BOOT INI?

check MS qdoc http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037

This was an issue for me too... until I did this and rebooted the server.