1753814 Members
7806 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 NIC deactiveated after update to version 9.52

Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

DL380 G4 NIC deactiveated after update to version 9.52

when a DL380 G4 is updated via ProLiant Support Pack either manual or via HP-SIM, the NICs are deactivated. The update process updates from version 9.25 to 9.52 with the mentioned affect.
Under System, hardware manager, both nics are signed as deactivated and cannot be activated anymore. Only a deinstalltion, reboot brings them back to life.

If I┬┤ve done anything wrong, please let me know...
5 REPLIES 5
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Tino,

Seen this a couple times,not too sure why it happens.
The only way i got it work is either install version 8.52.0.0 B or version 7.103.0.0.

Since you have'nt mentioned the OS,i'm giving links for the the most common OS installed Win 2k3.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/24278.html
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/22190.html

SRH
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Was there an active Remote Desktop / Terminal Services session at the time?
Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

Yes, there was an active terminal session
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I had a similar situation updating NC778x NIC's using the PSP (ProLiant Support Pack) on several server models when run from a Remote Desktop Connection to Windows Server 2003. When the NIC's support pack installed, the Remote Desktop connection was dropped, and the server was off the wire...didn't reply to ping.

While there are surely many workarounds, I used Microsoft soon.exe to schedule the PSP for execution a couple of minutes into the future, and then logged off. Since no one was using Remote Desktop when the PSP ran, the NIC driver updated successfully, the server rebooted following the full PSP installation, and everything was fine.
Tino Hoffmann
Advisor

This sounds good, there are more than 30 servers left to test. Will post the results asap...