1751707 Members
5346 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 Power Supply Failure, Intermittent

PANDERSON1
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G4 Power Supply Failure, Intermittent

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and if so why? HP support gave no reasons.
Occurs intermittently on multiple installed units running Win2003 Server.
Characterized by sudden loss of response with both PS health LEDs going red and fan speed increasing to max.
Workaround is to shutdown followed by disconnecting power and reseating both power supplies and the power supply control module. System then runs fine for an indefinite period of time.
3 REPLIES 3
JoeLaPalme1

I have the same problem on only one of my DL380 G3's. Last month we replaced the second redundant power supply after it seemed to become removed/not redundant/inserted by itself without any intervention. This issue returned recently and i'm thinkking that replacing the PS may not resolve it. I have attached my integrated mgmt log. Any help HP could provide would be appreciated.
PANDERSON1
Occasional Contributor

To remedy the intermittent power supply failure on our server, the HP rep installed a new power supply controller module. No problems since 12/22/06, running 24/7.

And though HP will not admit it, we surmise that there was a bad lot of PSCMs due to the fact that we encountered the same behavior on other systems of the same config.

Open a trouble ticket. HP is excellent and prompt - as long as you're still under warranty.
JoeLaPalme1

Thanks for the insight and suggestion. It's much appreciated!

Joe