cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G5 Agents error

DSI-subsea
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G5 Agents error

on this DL380 G5 using double take it was imaged from another server to become the production server

now the HP agents won't install properly and I can't seem to uninstall them

Please help
8 REPLIES 8
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 Agents error

What was the make/model of the original server?
DSI-subsea
Occasional Advisor

the original server was a dell (I don't remember the model)
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Have all the Dell services and devices been uninstalled (or stopped and disabled) from Windows?

From Device Manager, select Hidden Devices, and in particular focus on Non-Plug & Play Drivers and System Devices. Eliminate anything Dell or OpenManage related.
DSI-subsea
Occasional Advisor

I just looked through the dev man and didn't see any dell or open manage stuff (even after showing hidden)
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Which HP agent or agents in particular are giving you problems during installation?

Are you running the installs for the agents separately or as part of the ProLiant Support Pack?

Do the agents appear to install correctly, but not work correctly?

Anything useful in C:\CPQSYSTEM\log\cpqsetup.log?

DSI-subsea
Occasional Advisor

when I try the PSP it says discovery failed

and even the HP managment homepage won't work (the service says can't find file)

initialy it was set up and all worked then we disided to use the HP as the production server and the dell as the disaster recovery server (because the HP is better)

so we let double do the fail-over to get all the files, and the setup on it however since then the agensts have been acting odd or not at all
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Can you attach your cpqsetup.log?
Highlighted
DSI-subsea
Occasional Advisor

I just looked over that log file and it all seems fine

now it wants to reboot (I thought maybe re-installing the ILO driver might help (and I can't reboot now its the middle of the work day)