ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752788 Members
5755 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 series server

Nasser Falli

DL380 series server

I have a mirror 17.8gb drive and 3 drive which is raid 5. The second mirror drive crashed. The main drive is ok. This is an old server array series. How do I replaced with a 72Gb hardisk and transfer the OS from the main hardisk to the new hardik. Can I mirror with a larger capacity hardisk. I dont have any old 17.8gb disk. I need to transfer the C:drive with the OS intact to the new disk.
7 REPLIES 7
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Nasser,

All you need to do is replace the failed HDD. & it will be mirrored.
Yes, You may replace it with a LARGER capacity HDD. However, only 72 Gb will be used & the rest of the space will be wasted.

Regards.
Nasser Falli

Thanks for the respond. I need to know how to break a raid 1 mirror once I replaced the fist mirror deivr and rebuild. I have to have both drive 72Gb. Since the partition is only for 18GB from the first mirror drive.
Also someone put a password on the Array Configuration utility. Is there a way to break tghe password.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

NO, You cannot put a password to ACU.
Nasser Falli

well it is asking me a username and password when i execute ACU software from the server.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Oh !
My apologies, you can ofcourse set a password.

Is it still using the default password ? or have u changed it ? R u trying to access it remotely ?

Regards.
Nasser Falli

the server is in our data center. we merge with a company and now control ther server. but i do not know what is the password. ho can i crack the password. how can i see the disk array if i am switching the raid 1.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Refer:
docs.hp.com/en/9320/acu.pdf
& look for "Opening ACU in Browser mode"
Login thru System management home page:
If success, change the password.

Regards.