ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753670 Members
5372 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DL580 Quad Xeon PIII 900 setup questions

Joel Braverman

DL580 Quad Xeon PIII 900 setup questions

Hello, I purchased used a DL580 server running windows server 2003 R2, for the unusual purpose of using as a music system. I have software that is supposed to support advanced multiprocessing, but even though it detects all four processors, it only seems to make use of one. Processor affinity is set to all four cpus for the program in question (Cakewalk Sonar 6).

Does anyone know if there are any special registry settings that might help out with this problem?

My other question is about the Proliant system partition utilities which are missing - where do I download them and what file exactly should I download? I have downloaded almost everything I could find from HP, but I couldn't find that. I have an IRQ issue with the audio card I am using, it works very well with most software, but with some software I get a blue screen IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, and also when I boot the system up from a unpowered state, it hangs the first time, then works thereafter till I turn off the main power.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, I know this is not an orthodox use of a server, but having worked in server rooms for almost 20 years, I always wondered how one of those boxes would fare as a music workstation.

Thanks,

Joel