108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable NIC 2 on DL380 G4

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Disable NIC 2 on DL380 G4

On the DL380 G3 and ML370G3, I was able to disable the second NIC from the RBSU (ROM-Based Setup Utility) by disabling its use of an IRQ. On the G3's the NIC would not appear in the OS. On the DL380 G4 this no longer works. I am able to remove the use of the default IRQ (5), but the second NIC is still enabled, a driver, is loaded and ACPI is assigning an IRQ (25). My DL380 G4 is running the latest BIOS dated 08/26/2004 and Windows 2000 Server.

Is it possible that Smart Start Release 7.10 is re-enabling the second NIC's functionality?

Is there any way to disable the second NIC at the hardware level (instead of the OS level) on the DL380 G4?
8 REPLIES 8
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

There seems to be an existing problem with this all around. Perhaps it is a firmware issue that HP is working on. Hopefully, they will be able to fix it.

It does not seem to be an issue with SS7.1

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I'm having the issue when I use 7.10. Do you mean that it is not an issue with 7.01?
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

No, I think it is a hardware/firmware issue not an SSD issue.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CA1213109
Occasional Advisor

I am having the exact same problem. Have either of you heard of any fixes for this issue? It is causing problems with our Windows PE build process.

I have made contact with HP on this issue. If I hear anything I will post a reply.

Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

No, I haven't heard anything else about a resolution.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

For reference the case number is 3208949259, and I just submitted the requested Survey Utility report.

The technical support person I spoke to agreed that it was most likely a firmware issue, but he was unable to provide a date for a new BIOS.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

HP was able to duplicate the issue in their lab, and the issue is in escalation.
Gass
Solution

Hallo,

i had the same problem with a DL 380 G4. Its a problem coming along with the new design of the onboard-NICs. Both NICs are one PCI-device(physical) with two PCI-functions and it has therefore only one IDSEL-Signal.

See:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EM050211_CW01

Have a nice day

Peter