6238 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Drive replacement NetServer LC3

SOLVED
Go to solution
carl roeser

Drive replacement NetServer LC3

I have a LC3 with a bad 9gb hard drive. there are 3 total drive in a raid5 configuration using anHP raid card. I have a spare LC3 with the same hard drives. can I just swap out the bad drive and it will rebuild itself. can I do this in Windows (2003)? or do I need to go to the hard drive utility. Thanks, Carl.
2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Carl,

remove the failed disk and insert the 'new' one online. The raid5 rebuild should start automatically, if not then yes you do have to start the Netraid Assistant utility as it will rescan the SCSI bus at startup. By default autorebuild should be enabled in the controllers BIOS setup.

Pls do not replace the disk when the LC3 is powered off, if that replacement hard disk comes also from a configured Netraid controller, it will cause issues when you use it to replace a defective disk in another system, so just do all of this online and then their is no problem.

If you don't have the Netraid assistant utility it is available here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=51930&prodNameId=62491&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns-12645-1

HTH

Kris
carl roeser

That fixed the issue. Hard drive rebiult itself and I am online again. Thanks for the help.