1753508 Members
4764 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Drives not working on array controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Drives not working on array controller

I have 3 - Compaq UW-SCSI 18gb 10k SCA hot-plug (IBM Ultrastar DVMS-18D) drives that work just fine on the Compaq SCSI controllers with my Proliant 2500. When I put them on the Smart-2DH array controller and configure them with the ACU, they change status to failed as soon as the configuration changes are saved no matter which RAID level I try. I currently have 2 - 4.3gb drives in RAID 1 as the boot drive on this controller which work perfectly. I ran the ADU and the reason why the 18gb drives are failed is "Cannot read FIR ROM". The server and the array controller have the latest firmware as of 8/22/01. The Compaq part numbers for all three drives are : 422761-001 A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Scott

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum moderator

1 REPLY 1
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: Drives not working on array controller

Could try updating the drives firware and run a updated verions of the SCU, since you have done the most important which is the array and the systemrom bios. You could also attempt to run the eraser on the drive (to format them and prepair them for a fresh install or a fresh configuration).MAKE SURE THE OTHER DRIVE OR NOT ATTACHED TO THE ARRAY SINCE YOU WILL LOSS ALL DATA. And remember the order of the drive pulled out for this try. You could also call tech support for clarification.