1748223 Members
4786 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID: 9 and 11

Frank Libassi
Occasional Advisor

Event ID: 9 and 11

Hi I have a LH 3000 using the internal raid.(w2k) And I get a lot of Event ID: 9 Source: mraid35x Description: The device, \device\ScsiPort\mriad35x1, did not respond within the timeout period. The driver is 2.66 (mraid35x.sys). And i can nog get rid of it. all disk are ok, scsi cabel are repalced and also i/o board(int arry ctrl)are replaced.
6 REPLIES 6
CA698399
Honored Contributor

Frank Libassi
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the respond , After reading the MS kbase
articles it seems to me that im looking for a HW problem more then a sw problem. but the relevant hw is replaced.
and the mraid35x driver ver 2.66 is a working driver in alot of server around the world. so I will attack the server hw agen. Thansk
Farhad_1

Hi Frank, I've been faced with the same issue on a Unisys ES5045 box! I've been working with the hardware vendor on this. So far, no luck!! I have swapped the controller card, scsi cable, memory, scsi backplane....and in the process of swapping out all hard drives. Does your system have intermittent hangs when these id 9's happen? If you have any insight on this please let me know. Thanks

Farhad
one too many
rob moore_4

hi there...
I have an lh3000 and just bought a second cage and drives for channel 1 on the raid controller...

under (not nessecarily heavy) usage, I will get the same error and the machine will eventrually grind to a halt. The UI rarely works when this happens. I usually have to reboot...

after several hours og phone support it still happens....

upgraded all bios / firmware / drivers for relevant hardware...

EXCEPT that I have seagate drives, so the HP utility would not upgrade them...

although no one seems to think that is the problem...
Mark Young_2
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I have a few questions:
1. Are you running SP2 or higher? In some cases by having at least SP2, the errors can go away.
2. Do you have any NON-HP hard drives? They can cause many problems in Netservers. If you do have non-hp hard drives, try removing them and running the server to see if you continue getting the errors.
3. Do you have a tape drive installed in the server?

Mark
David Wix

Looking for a solution to Event ID 9 Source:mraid35x. I have the NOS on two 18gb common tray drv's with a netraid 1m scsi raid controller. This is independent from my cage array controlled by the embedded scsi raid controller. All the drv's, cables, controllers and drivers are HP. I replaced one of the 18gb drv's and scsi cable. In addition the base board,processer board, I/O board, cage, reinstall of the NOS.