ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752770 Members
4808 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Log Viewer on LH4

TOM ROGERS

Event Log Viewer on LH4

I have an LH 4 NetServer and I have the NetServe Navigator CD vM.04.05 that I used to be able to boot with to clear out the NVRAM log. But since I updated the BIOS to the latest version, I can no longer boot into this CD to run the Event Viewer to clear the NVRAM. I have a red light flashing on my server because I need to clear it. Is there a way other than the booting the Navigator CD, to clear this NVRAM - preferably inside Windows 2003 Server.

Thanx,

-Tom Rogers
3 REPLIES 3
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

when you install the management utilities you can clear the hardware log online from within the Instant TopTools pages.
Check under the 'Status' TAB, then under System Management, their is a way to look at the errors and clear the eventlog which then in turn will cause the red led to go out again.

W2K3 however is not supported on the LH4, but most probably it works well.

Failing the above the only other way is clearing the hardware log via a TopTools remote control card if you happen to have that optional crd installed.

Download Instant Toptools from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=15383&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#93109

HTH

Kris
TOM ROGERS

That worked fine - thanx much!

kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

glad this worked for you,since this fixed your issue, pls assign some points as per the forum guidelines

regards, Kris