ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753852 Members
8325 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

F1 prompt when booting Linux

Peter Jeppesen

F1 prompt when booting Linux

I have an Evo D510 CMT with BIOS v. 3.18.
After installing Fedora Linux i cannot boot without hitting F1
What can i do to disable/automate this process?

Regards (and a Happy New Year to all of you!)
3 REPLIES 3
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Re: F1 prompt when booting Linux

Which Fedora version?

Also, since I have not had this issue myself, what is the message it gives that tells you that you need to hit F1? What is the purpose of doing so?

Are there any other symptoms after boot?
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Peter Jeppesen

It is a Fedora 3.0. But I just did a Windows XP MCE install and got the same result.
The prompt appears in the bios screen (together with the F10 prompt for bios setup)

Regards.
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, this takes it outside of my realm of knowledge. BIOS mishaps on these machines are not common place in my world.

The only ideas I can think of are to load the factory defaults and see if it makes any difference or to possibly change the battery (which I doubt will have any effect since you do not mention needing to reset the clock every time).

How about it? Any BIOS gurus out there that can help this man?
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855