Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to register HP Proliant Microserver GEN 8 for Warranty

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lyzar
Occasional Visitor

Failed to register HP Proliant Microserver GEN 8 for Warranty

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a HP Proliant Microserver GEN 8. I tried to register it, so that I can download the HP Service Pack and easily can update the drivers but it just aint working. I always get a message saying that the "Permission doesn't exist. Check the Usage-Right-ID or activate the check box to remove this object" (not word for word as it says the Error in german "Diese Berechtigung existiert nicht. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Nutzungsrecht-ID oder aktivieren Sie das Kontrollkästchen, um dieses Objekt zu entfernen.") .

Can anyone help me? I cant even file a support ticket without a Warranty-ID.

Thanks in advance

Jan

1 REPLY
Lyzar
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Failed to register HP Proliant Microserver GEN 8 for Warranty

Apperantly HPE doesn't like the truth... I tried a different country as "product location" and it instantly worked... So apparently germany gets no warranty...