1753792 Members
2793 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Flashed NetRaid Firmware - Now adapter is missing at post

CA976249
Occasional Contributor

Flashed NetRaid Firmware - Now adapter is missing at post

Hello. I currently have a Netserver LH 3 with the Integrated NetRaid adapter in a 4 - drive, RAID 5 configuration. Today I decided to get the server up to date with all of the latest firmware available. I upgraded the System BIOS Firmware and Backplane Firmware to the lastest releases. The server rebooted just fine. I then upgraded the NetRaid firmware to D.03.04. It completed sucessfully and the server rebooted. When the machine rebooted the NetRaid firmware did not post. Typically the firmware loads and spins up the drives and says that one logical drive is configured. Since it did not post I thought that maybe the System BIOS had been reset somehow with NETRAID disabled. I checked and NETRAID is enabled and SCSI A is enabled. My next thought was that the Netraid flashing did not complete successfully even though it said it did so I decided to flash it again. When I booted up the server with the firmware flash floppy it said Starting MS-DOS and the machine immediately reboots. I then decided to flash it with the D.03.03 firmware and it did the same thing. Now the server is pretty much dead. I think that somehow the NetRaid firmware got corrupted and that corruption is preventing it from loading properly and also preventing it from being flashed again. Is there any way I can clear the NetRaid controller's firmware and flash it again? Thanks for the help.