ProLiant Servers - Netservers

GBE2C Interconnect trunk

vincent salzwedel

GBE2C Interconnect trunk

I have 2 GBE2c switches, interconnect ports 17, 18 trunked (default setting).
Firmware version 2
I have enabled ports 17 and 18 on both switches.

Whenever the enclosure powers on, the interconnect ports come up with a port mismatch error and I need to go and enable them again, they then work fine...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
5 REPLIES 5
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Re: GBE2C Interconnect trunk

Have you tried forcing the speed/duplex on these ports? I always do that on server & uplink/cross link ports. It means that you should never get these issues.
vincent salzwedel

Thanks for replying

I have set the ports as follows

/c/port 17
ena
tag ena
/c/port 17/gig
auto on
fctl both
speed 1000
mode full
/c/port 18
ena
tag ena
/c/port 18/gig
auto on
fctl both
speed 1000
mode full

When i try disable the autonegatiation i get the following.

Jan 17 22:39:28 ERROR cfg: Error: Port 17 is running on 1000 copper and autonegotiation must be on
Jan 17 22:39:28 ERROR cfg: Error: Trunk group 1 contains ports with different link configurations
Jan 17 22:39:28 ERROR mgmt: Error: Apply not done

This is just a problem when powering on the enclosure, both switches initializing at the same time and giving a port mismatch error and disabling the ports.

Once the enclosure has powered on, i can enable the ports and they work fine...
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

I'm not normally a big fan of these, but have you tried configuring the switches through the web interface? On these switches i've found it pretty good.

Also, i noticed last week that there was a new firmware (newer that i'm running anyway) - i'd suggest updating your firmware from this (download from the support site).
Ryan Beytell

Vincent, Your coz here. Check out this link and it explains the reason for the ports being disabled. The answer is on page 19. We had the same issues with an IBM blade center. Everytime we power cycled the unit we had to manually enable the switch. Never found a solution to the problem. Hope things are going well. Ryan B.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00701541/c00701541.pdf
vincent salzwedel

Hey Ryan you legend!!
Small world, howâ s the family?
Thanks for replying, must be something that can be done, not great to have to manually enable the ports, when cycle the power, luckily doesn't happen often, but still a pain...