ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748159 Members
4036 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Gen 8 Microserver - iLo connection actively refused?

NewbieSOHO
Visitor

Gen 8 Microserver - iLo connection actively refused?

Hi all,

Sorry I'm a newbie here, with limited experience with servers.  I'm running a Gen 8 Microserver for a small office,  All has been working well for a number of years, but I've recently physically relocated the server and change the network configuration to implement a larger switch.

I have the server (it's dual NICs and the iLO) using the same IP addresses and I have recently 'teamed' the dual NICs within WinServer 2016 Essentials.

Now I've got a problem that I can't connect to the iLO.  I've got the iLO advanced licence, and I'm trying a web browser and the Remote Console but neither will allow the connection, saying...

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.15:433

I've checked the back of the server and the iLO NIC port has a flashing light and I can ping the IP address fine.

When I reboot the server I can press F8 or F5 or whichever key it is, to get into the iLo settings, and I've set the static IP address and the user account is there and I've rechecked the password.

Any other ideas please?

9 REPLIES 9
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Port 433 is a typo, isn't it?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
NewbieSOHO
Visitor

Yes it was a typo.

I use https://192.168.1.15/ in the browser and 192.168.1.15:443 as the network address in the remote console.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you try to unplug power first?

This will cold start ILO and reset all previous sessions.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@NewbieSOHO wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry I'm a newbie here, with limited experience with servers.  I'm running a Gen 8 Microserver for a small office,  All has been working well for a number of years, but I've recently physically relocated the server and change the network configuration to implement a larger switch.

I have the server (it's dual NICs and the iLO) using the same IP addresses and I have recently 'teamed' the dual NICs within WinServer 2016 Essentials.

Now I've got a problem that I can't connect to the iLO.  I've got the iLO advanced licence, and I'm trying a web browser and the Remote Console but neither will allow the connection, saying...

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.15:433

I've checked the back of the server and the iLO NIC port has a flashing light and I can ping the IP address fine.

When I reboot the server I can press F8 or F5 or whichever key it is, to get into the iLo settings, and I've set the static IP address and the user account is there and I've rechecked the password.

Any other ideas please?

With changes in the network, are you positive another device isn't using the same IP?  Unplug the iLO and see if you can still ping the IP address

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
NewbieSOHO
Visitor

Thank you for the replies.  I've been installing a new edge router so have waited to confirm the issue still exists before responding.

So I've done the cold restart... made no difference.

I've disconnected the ethernet cable to the iLO port, and tried to ping the IP address... the packets were lost.  Reconnected the ethernet cable and the ping replied immediately... so I don't think I have a duplicate IP address.

Any other ideas please?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Can you 'ssh' into the iLO using putty or another SSH client?  Have your tried resetting iLO back to factory default? You will need to re-apply the advanced license if you reset to factory

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
NewbieSOHO
Visitor

I've not tried ssh to get into the iLO settings as I can access the setting when I reboot the server.

So a can get into the iLO setting, it's trying to use iLO start, reboot, mount a iso and all the other iLO functions that I can't access.

Do you think an iLO factory reset is needed?

Fergg

Hello,

Did you get the issue solved?

I'm having the same issue and I cannot access the server remotely... 

Thanks!

NewbieSOHO
Visitor

Yes I did resolve it but it was nothing exciting.  I noticed that when using the ilo window the keyboard setting would change to English US from English UK.  That meant the @ symbol became a " and I was using @ in my password back then.

If you have a non US English keyboard set, it maybe worth seeing if that is your issue.