ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

pitstop25

Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

I have a Gen10 Microserver that gives me a failed\degraded disk. It is setup as RAID10 with 4 1TB Seagate drives. I have replaced the failed disk with an identical one and it is recognized by the Marvell software. When I select the virtual disk, it is "Degraded" and it prompts me to Delete or Rebuild it. If I select Rebuild, it jumps to the available, new disk and I select it and it gets added to the virtual disk as if it will rebuild. But after a few seconds it reverts back to the Free Physical Disks and the virtual disk stays as Degraded. What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Chandra_S
HPE Pro

Re: Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

Hello,

Good day,

first, Please make sure all these drivers are HPE supported ? If yes, Please elevate the case to HPE for furhter analysis we need to check the disk errors and status..

I am an HPE Engineer.

Accept or Kudo

Pcoronado

Re: Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

Hi,

Just wondering if this was ever resolved. I have the same issue, I have a RAID1 with two disks, and my volume is degraded, I added a disk whitch is the exact same model as the other two, and when i try to rebuild the volume the disk gets added but then it gets listed back as a free disk, the volume does not get rebuild.

Any ideas?