7173 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Gen8 RAID menu ends in black screen

olaf123
Occasional Visitor

Gen8 RAID menu ends in black screen

Hi there!
When I try to access the menu for configuring the RAID controller B120i on a Gen8 microserver, the screen goes black.
Boot -> F5 -> "The HP Array Configuration Utility (ACU) wants to start ..." -> white screen "Loading Intelligent Provisioning" ... 100% -> black screen.
What can be wrong?

Greeting,
Olaf

4 REPLIES 4
Pra_Sah
HPE Pro

Re: Gen8 RAID menu ends in black screen

Hello Olaf,

Thank you for your query.

Please update the BIOS and the IP version for the Microserver. Once done then please check if you are still getting the issue.
If the issue is still seen then please contact HPE Technical Support for any additional information or troubleshooting this issue.

Regards,

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Do you see any error in ILO -> diagnostic ?

are you able to collect  AHS log ?

If not then probably you have a problem with NAND, you should format NAND.

Refer following advisory for NAND format instructions.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00048622en_us

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

iGPR3
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, sorry for replying after 3 years, but I couldnтАЩt find this anywhere else. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue. Went through F5, (the RAID menu option), to the HP loading screen, to a black screen with a cursor. Thanks in advance.

My system is a ProLiant ML310E Gen8 v2.

EDIT: I just used the system maintenance tool to clear and reset the BIOS to no avail.
Sunitha_Mod

@iGPR3 

Please refer to your primary post here: 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/win-10-installer-broken/td-p/7193618

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo