1753868 Members
7463 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ghosting a DL380 G4?

Jubal
Occasional Advisor

Ghosting a DL380 G4?

I can't seem to find the correct drivers to boot a DL380 to a DOS boot disk. I tried the older drivers but I can't see the RAID on my G4 series. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Greg,

What driver ar eyou looking for to boot to DOS?
You can download a DOS boot disk from www.bootdisk.com
If you need a DOS driver for the NIC card in this server here is the link
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/22785.html

I am not sure if there is a DOS driver for the raid controller.

Regards
Amha Kassa

Jubal
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info. Here's the deal... when I boot up to a Win98 or DOS 6.22 boot floppy I only see a 4GB partition in fdisk. I know that I have a 100+GB partition in my RAID set. Is this a limitation of fdisk or am I really not seeing the correct partition?
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Greg,

I am not sure how the gost program sees the logical drive but DOS has a limitation for not been able to see more than 4GB.

Regards
Amha Kassa
Jubal
Occasional Advisor

OK, thanks. So basically my only obstacle is to build a network boot disk for the NIC. Surely someone has posted directions on that already. Right?!?

Thanks!
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

HI Greg,

The Link I posted above is to download the NIC card ddriver for DOS for your server so you can access the NIC in DOS

Regards
Amha Kassa
CA1340865

I am having a similar issue, I downloaded the links, and tried to make the boot disks for ghost 8.0 I get to the add drivers and add NDIS@ drivers then I navigate to where the drivers were extracted and I get a folder called dos I click on that and I get folders: msclient and ndis2 I click on ndis2 and get four folders b06, n100, n1000 and q57 I have made boot disks for all of these and tried them and keep getting an error
"error protocol.ini does not have a driver name = whatever one I am using entry. this has been frustrating