ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HP BLADE SERVER CLUSTER PROBLEM gbe2c

darren skirvin

HP BLADE SERVER CLUSTER PROBLEM gbe2c

Hi,

We have a blade chasis connected via ethernet (gbe2c) to a cisco 3750 and the problem I am having is that when the (Microsoft windows 2003 r2) Cluster has initiated failover then we cannot contact the virtual clustered resource for a long time via dns or ip address?? does anyone have any ideas how we can fix this ,,, i have a feeling it is the arp cache on the gbe2c do you have any suggestions on how to resolve / troubleshoot this . I am a windows server techie so my networking knowledge is limited.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Re: HP BLADE SERVER CLUSTER PROBLEM gbe2c

What makes you think it's related to arp cache?

gbe2c is Cisco isn't it? Do you have redundant path setup? Are you running C-Class or P-Class blades?

If you think it's arp cache related then you could add static arp entries to the switches to fix it, but that depends on how your environment is setup.

If it's DNS related, you could make that server a caching only DNS server. I've had problems with DNS timeout's before and this solved it. You don't need to manage the DNS on that server if it's caching only, and you only need to get it to cache the domain that you need for the application.