ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753943 Members
9028 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL 380 G4 6i array

Rick_179

HP DL 380 G4 6i array

For the DL380 G4 are all of these RAID controllers integrated? If so can we bypass this controller? Or disable the HPSA 6i? The goal is to have no mirroring set raid 0 with two logical drives. Do i need addition software to disable the HP raid controller and just use a regular Scsi controller.

Any help would be appreciated.
PS can someone break down the DL360 and DL380 which generations for both have integrated Raid controllers that cannot be removed.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You don't have to disable 6i Controller, HW RAID its Just an optional feature form Smart Array Controller; you also can simply use it as Regular SCSI Controller. All what you have to DO:
From F8 Delete all Array's, Create Single Array with RAID 0 from one Physical drive, and Create Second Array RAID 0. RAID 0 it's same as no RAID with one physical drive.

Create Two Array's, each with Single Physical Drive. Or if you confused with F8 options, Install for start only one drive, with O/S use F6 for Manual O/s Install with Driver
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21374.html

after add second drive

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

DL360 G1 Integrated Smart Array ROC
DL360 G2, G3 5i
DL360 G4 6i

same for DL380 Series
robin_58

OK, I have the same problem however I trying to install a firewall based upon BSD and it doesn't have drivers for the 6i. So can you disable the onboard 6i and just a scsi connection bypassing the 6i.

I have tried the raid 0 approach and had now joy.

Thanks.

robin@desgroup.net