1753829 Members
8643 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL160 G5 SATA Driver Issue

Syed Alam

HP DL160 G5 SATA Driver Issue

Hi dear All,

I need to install a fresh Windows 2003 Server OS in the new HP DL 160 G5 Server... But it couldn't find the SATA HDD attached inside. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue..?

Thanks...

Akik
3 REPLIES 3
Olibe Babaco
Frequent Advisor

Hi Syed,

there are several ways but instead of playing a smart guy, i'd better point the link :)

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1227276423805+28353475&threadId=1222815

I hope this helps You
Regards

Olibe
Syed Alam

Hi Olibe,

Thanks for your reply....

Before submitting my query I have already gone through that Q&A topic.

Since this HP DL 160 G5 Server along with more 2 similar Server is going to be used as an Octopus Server in a TV news channel and we are very much concerned about the HDD's performance. As you know, performance-wise SAS controller is considered as better compared to SATA. So, we want to keep it as it is and need a solution to install Win2003 Server OS in the Server... Do you, or anybody has any solution for this? Please help me out... This is very very urgent....

Syed
Syed Alam

Hi... Good News,

I have resolved the issue...

I have downloaded the appropriate SAS/SATA Drivers from HP's support website and also downloaded the right version of the SAS driver from LSI's website for my HP Proliant DL 160 G5 Server.

I have integrated these drivers using 'nLite' and compiled an Installation disk with the Windows 2003 SP2 R2 Standard edition OS disk.

The OS installation went so smoothly without any error or disturbance.

Thanks to you all....

Have a nice day...

Syed