1752569 Members
5041 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP GBE2C Issues

ChrisRepchinsky
Occasional Advisor

HP GBE2C Issues

We have a C-3000 enclosure with a GBE2C interconnect switch installed. I have been trying to get the management side of the switch working through OA and managed to lock myself out of the BBI interface, what I did was enable & configure if256 and gw4 and applied settings as well as configured EBIPA and ended up being unable to log back into the switch. There was a management URL present but I could not login (would time out) -- I followed the directions at bladeconnect.com but I guess I didn't really know what I was doing.

So I then connected to the switch via null modem cable and did:

boot/conf
factory
save
reset

The switch reset yet the configured values I had put into it are still there. So I walked through the CLI and removed & disabled if256 and gw4 and again saved, rebooted.

I still cannot login to the switch via BBI but what I'd really like to do is make the management URL work from OA the way it was designed but I admit I'm pretty lost on this because I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Is there a way to really reset back to factory? Losing all my changes and bring it back to the state of when I first pulled it out of the box? I can settle for not getting it working via OA but I'd really like to get the BBI working again.