1752793 Members
6179 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Gen8 microserver - can't get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed

SusanBradley
Occasional Contributor

HP Gen8 microserver - can't get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed

How *exactly* does one get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed on a Gen8 microserver please?

It won't update inside the program via the firmware process.

I downloaded the ISO and need to install it on a flash drive. 

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState=idx=%7cswItem=MTX_2aa85604194243afbdb1c29a34%7citemLocale=%7cmode=%7caction=driverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Is that what I need?

(and may I say this setup for this server has been the most frustrating experience in many years.  I'm sorry HP but this process needs to be easier than this.  This is ridiculous for a product that is supposed to make the setup eaiser.  So far it has not been easy at all)

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Gen8 microserver - can't get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed

Can you explain us why you would like to install IP under USB and not under Server?

the IP solution is the best solution for Gen 8 server it make server simple for IT to manage
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP Gen8 microserver - can't get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed

SusanBradley wrote:

How *exactly* does one get the 1.6 intelligent provisioning installed on a Gen8 microserver please?

It won't update inside the program via the firmware process.

I downloaded the ISO and need to install it on a flash drive. 

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState=idx=%7cswItem=MTX_2aa85604194243afbdb1c29a34%7citemLocale=%7cmode=%7caction=driverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Is that what I need?

(and may I say this setup for this server has been the most frustrating experience in many years.  I'm sorry HP but this process needs to be easier than this.  This is ridiculous for a product that is supposed to make the setup eaiser.  So far it has not been easy at all)

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum Moderator

Yes, that utility will take the ISO image and make a bootable USB drive key.  Another option is to mount the ISO image via iLO virtual media

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!