ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748180 Members
3990 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ILO remote console web start fails with OpenJDK and IcedTea

jgu

HP ILO remote console web start fails with OpenJDK and IcedTea

Unfortunately the remote console application included with ILO 4 on the Microserver Gen 8, when started via web start fails to work with OpenJDK and IceTea. I have reported the issue to the IcedTea developers here:

https://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3461

And they could really use from help from an ILO developer to rectify this bug. Any chance an ILO developer could weigh in and offer some assistance on that bug?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Kittenbelt68
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP ILO remote console web start fails with OpenJDK and IcedTea

Hi jgu,

This looks more like a web browser plugin related issue. Have you tried drifferent browsers? Whats the ILO firmware version? If not updated, please update the same to the latest. If the issue persists, i would suggest logging a case with HPE for further investigation.

Regards

sr

Bhargav0
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jgu, 

This needs detailed analysis hence please get a ticket/case logged.

Regards

Bhargav

Thank you
I am an HPE employee
Simpat
Frequent Advisor

I am wondering that how HPE iLO Integrated Remote Console will be impact by Oracle Java or not. 

Can you check how we can switch to OpenJDK in order to work with HPE iLO Integrated Remote Console?

Thanks in Advance,

Jobbo

|------------- ( ^__^ )--------------|
I'm Happy when You're Happy
vbezhenar
Occasional Advisor

I used the following script to launch remote console without Java Browser plugin in macOS: https://gist.github.com/vbezhenar/3cecb75b79103fe782f097035f05633c

It's unlikely to work as it is, because it was made few years ago and some dependencies probably has been changed. Basically you need to analyze JNLP file from iLO web application and make some changes. But generally it should be the same.