ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HP Insight Diagnostics - Turn Red Light On When Drive Failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ofer Sapir

HP Insight Diagnostics - Turn Red Light On When Drive Failed

Hello,

I have a DL380 and MSA with multiple drives. When I run diagnostics with HP Insight Diagnostics one of the drives shows as failed (read/write errors above threshold) however the drive is NOT blinking red (like it used to with older servers and with ACU)and does not show as failed in ACU.

1. Is there a way to make the drive blink red when failing HP Insight Diagnostics?

2. Why is the drive does not show as failed in ACU?

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Geek13
Solution

Re: HP Insight Diagnostics - Turn Red Light On When Drive Failed

Hi there!

You can refer to this link and see if its helpful.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01035614〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=428936&prodTypeId=15351
Ofer Sapir

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I do not think this article applies to my case as results of diagnostics are consistent and I am using HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows Version 8.2 and not earlier one.

Sorry to not have specified that in my original post. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Geek13

What can be done is try running an offline diagnostics on the hard drive and see if you get the same results, the offline diagnostics will be OS independent.
Secondly, if there is no issue using the offline diagnostics try udpating the agentss and firmware on the server and see how it works.
Also if possible try running the ADU and attach the report
kkkp
Occasional Advisor

Drives read/write errors above threshold does not actually mean the drive is failed but will be failed in the future. You can also use the Diagnose beside the test when you use the HP Insight Diagnostics to diag. he drive. You can update the latest firmware for the smart array to enable the pre-failure warning.