Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

SOLVED
Go to solution
chrisl007
Occasional Visitor

HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

Hi,

I have a problem with my ProLiant MicroServer Gen8. It has HP Intelligent Provisioning v1.5 installed. This version is not capable of Windows Server 2012 R2, that's why I wanted to upgrade to v1.60. So I burned the recovery image to a CD and booted the server from it. It starts correctly, but when it comes to flashing, the status is instantly at 100%, but the version has not changed.

I now installed the server with boot drivers only and via disc, so the system is up and running, but I still want to upgrade the Intelligent Provisioning software.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

Not sure whats going wrong, but the current version is 1.61 for Gen8 servers, IIRC.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5177950&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_b23c0288447c48afa543a41de9%257CswEnvOID%253D4168%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig...

Better check md5 of the download.

I wonder how you burned the 1GB image to a CD, better use the USB Key Tool to copy to an USB stick.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
chrisl007
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

I wasn't quite precise, it was a DVD of course ;).

But as you suggested, I tried it via USB and it worked - thanks!

Regards,

Chris