New Discussion

HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

SOLVED
Go to solution
chrisl007
Occasional Visitor

HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

Hi,

I have a problem with my ProLiant MicroServer Gen8. It has HP Intelligent Provisioning v1.5 installed. This version is not capable of Windows Server 2012 R2, that's why I wanted to upgrade to v1.60. So I burned the recovery image to a CD and booted the server from it. It starts correctly, but when it comes to flashing, the status is instantly at 100%, but the version has not changed.

I now installed the server with boot drivers only and via disc, so the system is up and running, but I still want to upgrade the Intelligent Provisioning software.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

Not sure whats going wrong, but the current version is 1.61 for Gen8 servers, IIRC.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5177950&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_b23c0288447c48afa543a41de9%257CswEnvOID%253D4168%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig...

Better check md5 of the download.

I wonder how you burned the 1GB image to a CD, better use the USB Key Tool to copy to an USB stick.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
chrisl007
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Intelligent Provisioning on MicroServer Gen8

I wasn't quite precise, it was a DVD of course ;).

But as you suggested, I tried it via USB and it worked - thanks!

Regards,

Chris