SOLVED
Go to solution
Flankengott
Advisor

Re: HP MicroServer Gen9

Any news about G9 MicroServer?

DominikF

An half year later,  anything new about the microserver gen9?

Flankengott
Advisor

HP doesn't care about customers.....

downloading a simple BIOS/Firmaware Update is not possible anymore, because you need to link the Products-Warranty with your unique HP Account...

Warranty status has to be Active and you need a "HP Service Agreement ID (SAID) *" and a "Support Account Reference (SAR) *" and a "HP Support Center user ID" to gain access to entitled features including Support Case Manager.

HP - You! are just loosing a loyal customer :(

Flankengott
Advisor

CNemnom

Any update about the release of HP MicroServer Gen9?

We are loyal to HP, therefore HP should be looking after the customers, this is very simple question, It's not a rocket science.

I have two HP MicroServer Gen8 and I need to move to Gen 9?

Please respond!!!

benhadad1

Look at the name above the blog -> HP Enterprise.  If any of you are with a true "Enterprise" or large quanty buyer, you would probably already know the answer to the question.  But most are SMB individuals who HPE knows are their secondary market.  They keep the big boys happy, and if there is something left over that they can make money off of without giving too much away, then they will toss it to the SMB.

If above said HP-SMB then you would have a chance deserving of getting an answer. 

And no I am not a loyal HP SMB, I am an pragmatic SMB that has used HP for years when they make a good product, but I leave them as often as they screw me, its a relationship that works like most other business relationships.

And to borrow from the matrix, I will tell you how this will work out. 

HP will continue to adhear to "Enterprise" standards and that includes treatment of any individual who is using the equipment, you want support, you give us $$$. No free handouts until you prove that we need you more than you need us.  

And that is a good thing for us, because if HP focuses on making themselve efficient, then they will have more resources to spend on bringing Enterprise class items to the SMB market place.  We already know from this thread that HPE has employees who care and that is all we can ask for right now. 

__jr
Occasional Visitor

hmm....at least in the generation dropdown list on the HP official microserver page the Gen9 is listed;

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/proliant-servers/index.html#!view=grid&page=1&facet=ProLiant-MicroServer

Ernstvh

classicevo