1748108 Members
4848 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Microserver Gen8 memory problems

rahm1
Occasional Contributor

HP Microserver Gen8 memory problems

Hi i have a Microserver Gen8 it came with 4gb ddr3 memory so i purchased 4gb ddr3 12800 from maplins and im getting status 0114 i have also tried a 8gb ddr3 12800 from my pc whcih was working fine and still getting status code 0114

can some please help as im trying to cofigure the server to run vmware

many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
DeusMaximus
Regular Visitor

Re: HP Microserver Gen8 memory problems

Are you using ECC memory? This server won't work with non-ECC RAM.

If you don't know, it's probably not ECC.

------------------------------------------------
Microserver Gen8 G1610T, DL320e Gen8
rahm1
Occasional Contributor

Hi this is the memory i purchased but still getting 0114 code the original hp memory works fine

4GB RAM Memory for HP-Compaq ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T (DDR3-12800 - ECC) - Server Memory & Workstation Memory Upgrade from OFFTEK

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If the original memelry works fine, then it sounds like you need to contact OFFTEK.  Could be defective or incompatible memory.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
DeusMaximus
Regular Visitor

Does it work with only the new RAM stick installed?

Not sure about yours, but my Microserver came with low voltage RAM - PC3L-12800E.

According to the Quickspecs, the Microserver Gen8 can support either low voltage or standard 1600MHz ECC Unbuffered RAM, but I don't know if it would have issues trying to mix both at the same time. Also, the server might be picky about specific timing differences between the two sticks of memory. It could also be that the server doesn't like the mix of non-HP RAM and HP's "Smart Memory".

Try it with the single new stick and see if it boots. If it does, you may need to buy another identical stick of it from Offtek, and sell the original RAM on eBay.

------------------------------------------------
Microserver Gen8 G1610T, DL320e Gen8