Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Microserver N54 Driver Question

Motion2082
Occasional Visitor

HP Microserver N54 Driver Question

Hey guys,

I have decided to install Windows 8 on my HP Microserver N54. 

The problem is all the drivers on HP website are designed for Windows Home Server.

Is there a work around this as Im only getting 10gb/sec network transfers atm :( :( :(

P.S.This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers-HP Forums Moderator

1 REPLY
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Microserver N54 Driver Question

According to page 90 of this document, all the current Proliant MicroServer models have a Broadcom BCM5723 gigabit Ethernet controller. Through http://www.hp.com/go/support I can find drivers only for Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2008 Small Business, 2012 and 2012 Essentials, and for RedHat Linux 5 Server.

The Broadcom BCM5723 is a common server NIC chip, so the driver for it may be built-in to new operating systems.

But if you need one, you could try these drivers direct from Broadcom:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_server.php

For a regular 1 Gbit/s NIC it is impossible to get 10gb/s speeds, so I assume you've made a mistake somewhere.

If you have added an extra high-performance NIC to your Microserver, identifying the make and model of the NIC would be rather important in finding a driver for it...

MK