Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Microserver and RAID card

Lars_12
Advisor

HP Microserver and RAID card

I'm thinking of buying a Microserver and 4 x 3TB disks which i want to run in a RAID 5.

Anyone have any recommendations on which RAID card i can use in this server?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Servers > Netservers  to ProLiant Servers - Netservers.- Hp forums moderator

3 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP Microserver and RAID card

Falls under the catagory "Unsupported, known to work".  I have a MicroServer sitting on my desk using a Smart Array P410/1G FBWC 572532-B21. The controller is connected to (2) 1TB disks and (2) 2TB disks. I think the P410 retails for more than the MicroServer..... 

Supported, known to work                   -> warm fuzzies all around

Supported, not known to not work      -> an HPite may be in trouble

Supported, known to not work             -> an HPite is in trouble

Unsupported, known to work               -> lucky today, unlucky tomorrow?

Unsupported, not known to not work  -> there but for the grace of Turing

Unsupported, known to not work        -> no, it was not deliberate ;-)

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Kurtd
Frequent Advisor

I'm in a similar situtation.  I have an N54L Microserver on the way.  I'm planning to install esxi on a usb stick.  I then want to install 4 hard drives to have two raid 1 arrays.

I'm looking for a lower cost raid card that can do the two raid 1 arrays for esxi?    Seems difficult to find a good raid card that is known to work.  I'm trying to avoid the steep price tag.  Thanks

schoondoggy
Occasional Contributor

I am running a HP P410 in a Microserver, RAID 5 with four 2TB drives works great. Bought the card used for under $150 with 512m cache.