ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HP NC373i NIC and 2008 x64

Clay_8
Occasional Contributor

HP NC373i NIC and 2008 x64

I have a Proliant DL 380 G5 running 2008 x64. I have the latest PSP and firmware updates listed on the server's support page installed. I've been having several network problems that I think are related to the NIC driver.
They are:
1. The two NICs refuse to team. When I team them using the HP configuration utility it says it is teamed until reboot. After that the OS sees the third network connection, but the HP utility does not.
2. The NICs frequently lose connection to the internet and become limited to local network access only. Its like they lose the gateway even when it is defined along with the static IP. This happens weather the NICs are teamed or not.

When I try to install the drivers on the support page (NC Series Broadcom file name cp008895.exe) its says that device is not installed. HP tech support suggested I try the DOS drivers listed there, but Windows says the driver I have now (bxnd60a.sys ver. 4.4.15.0 Feb. 15 2008) is better.

Is there another driver out there that will let this box work?
5 REPLIES 5
venkat81
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP NC373i NIC and 2008 x64

Hi Clay

First try and check if youy can uninstall the Scalable networking pack. You can do this by Unchecking the TOE and RSS option in Network configuration utility
Larry Daryl

Clay,
cp008895.exe is not the driver for that server.Uninstall what you have and download the correct drivers and install in the correct order.
-master Larry
Larry Daryl

No matter what , he is still an idiot
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Clay_8
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the kind and helpful response, Larry. As stated I already know it isn't for the device. I mentioned it because the support page is incorrect.

What fixed it was:
1) Reinstalling Windows server 2008.
2) Install version 9.3 of the network configuration utility.
3) Install the driver from HP Network Support Pack. That is the big bundle of drivers for all cards and OSs.

I did that a couple of weeks ago and it has been a stable mail server since.