ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HP NC7781 (Q57win32.inf) and RIS (the selected image does not contain the correct network drivers)

Rob Ossian
Occasional Contributor

HP NC7781 (Q57win32.inf) and RIS (the selected image does not contain the correct network drivers)

I can RIS HP ML370 (G3 and G4) servers with MS Server 2003 without any problems, but when I try to RIS the same boxes with MS Server 2000 I recieve a message stating "the selected image does not contain the correct network drivers". I am using the current server 2000 drivers listed on HP's site, and have specified a PnpDrvrs directory in the .SIF file but still RIS fails to load 2000 on these HP's (other systems have no problem).

Can anyone please help?
1 REPLY 1
Adrian Johnson_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP NC7781 (Q57win32.inf) and RIS (the selected image does not contain the correct network drivers)

Assuming you are doing CD-ROMâ based RIS builds (i.e. using RISETUP to create images). Have you also copied the .sys, .inf and .cat files in to the I386 directory?

As well as the directories you've specified in your answer file's OemPnpDriversPath, the drivers should also be copied to \\\Reminst\Setup\English\Images\\i386 for the textmode part of the setup.

Once done, you'll need to delete all .pnf files from I386 and then bounce the BINLSVC service.