Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Netserver E30 - UPGRADE

S Anand
Occasional Visitor

HP Netserver E30 - UPGRADE

I have E30 Server, which is P200 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 2GB HDD, WINNT 4.0 Server Installed.

As the technology grows at rapid speed, i have got some latest PIII processors computers.

What is the best way to upgrade this server so that can use it to the best of it
3 REPLIES
CA592260
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Netserver E30 - UPGRADE

I guess it depends upon what you want to use it for. You could add more memory (another 64mb), maybe even the processor (which isn't always possible).

for parts, try http://partsurfer.hp.com

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
CA660377
Honored Contributor

I am surprised you got 200MHz procs to work in your system, The fastest HP sold was a 166MHz. That's as fast it will go. It also only allows one processor. The max amount of memory is 192MB. 6x32MB.
John Stroy
Occasional Visitor

Well, it depends upon what you want to do. If you wanted to, you could make it a webserver (if you have a direct connection), since it doesnt have to be a monster of a machine (see FreeDOS Fish server). Or if you want it to be a fileserver, you could buy a huge harddisk (be sure that it is fast, like 7200 rpm).