ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753674 Members
5528 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Netserver E800 adding 2 audio pci cards cause problems

Ed Custers

HP Netserver E800 adding 2 audio pci cards cause problems

Does anyone know a method how to add 2 or more of the same audio cards into the E800 server ?
I got the same error every time i tried, it doesnt depend on what pci bus i install it.
ERROR : NMI parity check / memory parity error

i'm trying to build a multitrack recording server voor studio use.
any hints would be appreciated.

This worked well on the Compaq Proliant ML330
it only had 5 pci slots. i bought a used E800 because it has 7 pci slots and 2 cpu's.

regards Ed.
2 REPLIES 2
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Ed,

What other PCI cards are installed in the system? The E800 uses I/O Slot Sharing which may be causing you some problems. Here's how they're shared:
PCI 1 shared with PCI 5
PCI 2 shared with PCI 5
PCI 3 shared with Embedded SCSI
PCI 4 shared with NIC

That error, on the other hand does not sound like an issue with the PCI cards. Check to make sure you have the correct HP RAM for this server installed. Here are the supported part numbers:
D8265A - 128MB, 133MHz ECC
D8266A - 256MB, 133MHz ECC
D8267A - 512MB, 133MHz ECC

If you have at least one of these sticks, try booting with just one of them installed and see if the error returns.

Check it out and let us know what you find out.

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.
I am King...of my apartment.
Ed Custers

Thanks for your help, but its the first pci card i install. it seems that there's a lot of reading on the internet about this hardware malfunction failure. Nobody seems to fix that problem. The only sollution they offer me is to trade the card for another audiocard from another vendor. So thats what i did with 1 of my cards. installed it into the first slot and it worked. right now i got 2 of these new cards installed and it works. but when i enter the 3rd the screen goes blank right after the windows 2000 startup screen disappears. The memory modules are all hp's 256mb ramms (in slot 1 2 & 3) removing and/or installing in another memory setup, doesn't seem to fix the problem. So right now I don't get ane clue how to solve this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.