1752767 Members
5502 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Netserver LH Pro - Navigator Disc and windows setup

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP Netserver LH Pro - Navigator Disc and windows setup

I just got a HP Netserver LH Pro. I can't get into the bios. Seems apparant that the bios setup isn't stored on a chip and needs either a special partition on the hard drives or the "Navigator Disc". I need to get into the bios. Does anyone know where I can get the navigator disc, or could be really nice and send me an ISO?

Having a problem - tried to boot off a windows 2000 adv. server cd, and when it said that it is detecting hardware (first thing you see after pushing key to boot from disc) it just freezes there. Tried it on another computer, and that message takes all of 2 seconds. Also happened with win 2003 ent. serv. cd. How do I get it to not crash there??
I got the comp with win nt4 on it, and used w2k serv. cd from inside winnt4 to upgrade with clean install to 2000 adv. serv. I am having a problem with the scsi array partitions - they aren't what I want. I want to wipe the partitions, do it the way I want, and install win server of some sort. I'm afraid I will not be able to boot into setup and have a 100lb paper weight for a server.

Please help me!!! I would really appreciate it! Thanks a lot!
20 REPLIES 20
BR732774
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Netserver LH Pro - Navigator Disc and windows setup

Which kind of image you prefer ?

ISO image - I use windows xp pro with easy cd creator. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. :) :)

any ideas about the second part of the problem, not being able to get into setup from windows cd?

20 points if you can send me an image file!
BR732774
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Point are good ,but i dont do that for point :))) Ok, wait few minutes ,preparing image files for downloading ...
BR732774
Trusted Contributor

Sorry ,but I make CloneCD images www.ccc.sk/server/lhpro.exe
www.ccc.sk/server/lhpro2.exe

exe's compressed with RAR ,antivirus checked .
I have two versions of this navigator cd's .

navigator disc is great, but I am still having problems. Do you HAVE to use the navigator disc to install the os? It only supports up to NT 4, and I want to run 2000, and I would be ok with installing nt and upgrading, but I can't even seem to get nt4 installed without blue screening (bsod). I want to just stick in a windows 2000 server disc, but it never gets into setup, it just locks.
How do I "get into the bios"? can't seem to figure it out. It doesn't prompt, and the usual keys don't spark any reaction besides it beeping at me.

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE!!! I can't stand the sight of this thing anymore :)

I DID IT !!!! YAY!!!!

I went to the windows 2000 disc, went to the bootdisk folder, made the boot floppies, pulled the CMOS battery so it would reset, because the previous owner had it set not to boot from floppy. Let it boot from the floppy, and it worked. Why would it freeze there when booting from the cd and not the floppy?? strange enough, but I have w2k installed, and am pretty much happy.

One problem still remains... How do you get into the bios??? I got into the EISA config, and the disk from HP's site takes me into the EISA config not the BIOS config. and the "utility partition" with the configure computer option takes me to the EISA config. I want to set up bios stuff, like boot order, memory check settings, other bios stuff.

the navigator disc is not necessary to install the os for those who are wondering, and in fact, caused more problems than anything. Watch out if you do try to use it, it makes a 300mb partition for windows if you don't catch it and config it yourself. I suggest not using it to install the os, and to use windows 2000, and to make the floppies from the folder on the disc, and NOT to download them from some random site on the internet (the first set of disks were missing files, couldn't figure out, made from bootdisk folder on win cd- all of a sudden it worked)
BR732774
Trusted Contributor

:))) ,congratulation ,good job .