ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753501 Members
3403 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Pavilion Blue screen

hamid kielr

HP Pavilion Blue screen

Hi, I recently was able to get rid of spyware on my computer, last week actually. After I got rid of it I rebooted my computer than I realized that some of my programs would not work and when I clicked them, my computer would get a blue screen. An example is Itunes. This might be because of my ipod because I got it I think a week before the virus and the blue screens. The screen says windows had to restart to pervent an error. Than it said it could be because a driver over run a stack-based buffer. It than suggested I disabled my BIOS, caching, and shadowing something like that. The error is:
0x000000F7, 0x00000000, 0x000096DC, 0xFFFF6923, 0x00000000
Also when I try to clear IE's cache I get the blue screen again. I use Mozilla Firefox and I just noticed that I can't update it because it says that Firefox failed to update. So over the past few days I've tried everything I could think of. I opened my computer to clean the fan, I used various anti virus programs such as AVG, ad aware, Ccleaner. Also, I can clear Firefox's cache just not IE's. My friend even let me borrow a Windows XP home edition disc to put in my computer. My computer is Windows XP media center edition 2005. Apparently the setup couldn't install because my computer isn't a supported path. I've tried PC recovery but I need the disc for my computer which I don't have. I can't system restore because it won't let me go back to the day before I got the virus and when it stopped working. I have no idea what to do, please help and give clear information. I'm really not that good with computers.