5698 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T B120i

Webdoc
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T B120i

Hello

I have the HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G2020T B120i as listed in the subject above, I purchased this on the 03/12/14 and I think this is now out of warranty and I currently have nothing else in place ie: an HPE support agreement, and it looks like I need this to get any or the latest Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) Version 2016.04.0 update.

Could someone please advise on cost and how I go about getting this update.

Thanks

Ps: Don't know if it matters but I only use this as a home server, it is not for work use.

3 REPLIES 3
Webdoc
Occasional Contributor

Think I now have the service pack installed, it I wanted to check my version how would I do this?

Also since installing it my dvd drive has started to give me an I/O device error and I cannot do anything with it, even though device manager says it's working ok.

Any help please.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If by service pack, you mean the SPP, it really doesn't leave a version signature as it is just a collection of firmware.  You can use iLO to see what revisions of firmaware are installed on the sysem components.

You I/O error could simply be defective media

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Webdoc
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply I have some other questions if you can help please.

1, Has the firmware update page changed address, as I cannot connect to it?

2, In Intelligent Provisioning setup section windows server 2016 plus the essentials edition  where not showing in the list, I used 2012 R2 options to install, things seem ok but will I have had drivers load that I would not need, and any idea when the list will be updated and how would I get this?

Thanks