1753278 Members
5655 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant MicroServer with Windows 8.1 upgrade

OdexSA
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant MicroServer with Windows 8.1 upgrade

I need assistance please. I have a HP Proliant Microserver (64bit) BIOS: HP O41 09/30/2010 running Windows 8 as OS (32bit) . I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 8.1 but it fails. The error code relates to an outdated BIOS. How do I get the right BIOS version to upgrade?

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
amolsen

I belive this could acctualy be your NIC, I was able to upgrade when I disabled the onboard NIC. But if it is, I would not recommend upgrading, I can`t use my MicroSrv with the NIC enabled.

PS.

And i could only find Firmware under Windows 2008, on the support page, Not under Windows 2012.

OdexSA
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I think I will rather stay with version 8 then. Appreciate the response!

Philip082

I solved this on my unit by:

1. diabling the braodcom LAN after windows 8.1 was downloaded in the store just before it wanted to reboot.

2. Using PCIex LAN card and just pretending the on board ethernet port never existed.

I had also updated my AMD video driver software.

@OdexSA wrote:
I need assistance please. I have a HP Proliant Microserver (64bit) BIOS: HP O41 09/30/2010 running Windows 8 as OS (32bit) . I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 8.1 but it fails. The error code relates to an outdated BIOS. How do I get the right BIOS version to upgrade?

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. -HP Forum Moderator