ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752812 Members
6138 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer Bios update

Zorg7

HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer Bios update

Hi everyone. I have had my HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer for a long time and its been my best server ever. its been running non-stop for 7 years with not one crash. But I had to upgrade my Windows to 10 and the NIC does not work because of the bios that's outdated. 
I have read up a lot about the File Download SP64420.exe but on running it, it is giving me an error saying the drive is to large and then just stops at command prompt saying the command does not exist. 
I desperately need assistance in this. 
Please please help

1 REPLY 1
Venkata_Reddy
Visitor

Re: HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer Bios update

Hi

Have you followed Installation instructions for creating USB Media

Reboot Requirement:
Reboot is required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.

Installation:

1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.

2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.

3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.

4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.

5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.

Regards

Venkkata Redde