ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HP Proliant DL385 can't boot

Victor Tarasov

HP Proliant DL385 can't boot

I press Deploy server in SmartStart, than uncorrect power-down server.
When power-on server i see logo HP Proliant. Server does'n boot from CD. What I can do???
4 REPLIES 4
Yasim Abidin

Re: HP Proliant DL385 can't boot

If I understand you correctly, when you were using the Smartstart in offline mode the system accidentally shut down?

Probably what you can try is to check the system RBSU by pressing F9 during POST. Do check for the boot sequence. For your case you want CD to boot first. Then save your setting and restart server.
Victor Tarasov

I can't press f9. I see only logo without POST
Yasim Abidin

If that is the case I assuming you are not even able to see the firmware of your system and other info like hdd, memory or even array controller.

Under normal operation during bootup, you should be able to see the above info. Probably your server is encountering some issue with the system ROM.

Probably, you may wish to ask your nearest HP support to look at it.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

If you are familiar with the hardware, you may want to reseat all of the cables, DIMM's, CPU's, etcetera. If that doesn't work, strip the server down to the minimum hardware and see if it will boot and POST properly. If it does, add one component at a time testing for POST. It is slow work, but it will help you identify the faulty component and decide how to proceed.