ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753726 Members
4899 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML-350 - Array Partition Management

BR862126

HP Proliant ML-350 - Array Partition Management

I have a Hewlett-Packard Proliant ML-350 with a Compaq SmartArray 532 SCSI controller and four 18.2GB hard disk drives configured as one logical RAID 5 volume (3 data disks and a hot spare) running Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. I have now updated the machine to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and successfully added two 36.4GB hard disk drives to the array using the Compaq Array Configuration Program. However the operating system Disk Manager will not allow me to increase the capacity of my system volume. I can only allow use the new disk capacity to create a new volume. How can I solve this problem? I know this is an operating system problem as the Compaq Array Configuration Program correctly integrates the new disks into the existing array. Unfortunately Microsoft Partner Support say I can only extend a system volume by reformatting the drive and reinstalling the server or use a third part solution but they won't tell me whst third party solution they mean. I have previously used PowerQuest Volume Manager 2.0 with MS Windows NT4 and 2000 Server to manage array partitions but this software has been bought by Symantec and they have informed me that it is not compatible with MS Windows Server 2003. I can't be the only person in the world with this problem. Any ideas?

Best Regards

Perry Reed
PRO-INFORMATIC reed GmbH
Personal Computer Services
M├╝hlemattstrasse 9
CH-6374 Buochs
Switzerland

Tel: 0041 41 624 93 50
Fax: 0041 41 624 93 51
Mobile: 0041 79 643 09 50
3 REPLIES 3
CA1035809

I have a similar problem, so if you find a solution, please post it here.

Thanks,

Rob
Comer lee

You may try Partition manger which could repartition your harddisk
at www.recovery-soft.com.
Kostya Antipenko

Maybe backup->change disk size->restore from backup will help?